Christmas Morning

Here are the girls on Christmas morning in their matching jammies that they got the night before. My mom use to always take pictures of me and my sister on Christmas morning in front of the tree, I suppose that is why I do that now. I thought for a second maybe I could post one of those pictures of me and my sister, but honestly once we hit the teenage years, I know how much I hated those pictures, early in the morning no make-up and my hair was not done, not good.

Believe it or not, we had to wake the girls up so that we could go and open presents, maybe that was because at 11pm little Miss Myah was still awake. I told her she had to go to sleep so Santa could come to our house.

Before we opened our gifts we finished reading our story, Jotham's Journey. Then each girl took turns opening their gifts, they were all so excited to see what the other one got. It was very enjoyable!
Yes....we did stockings this year, due to a little pressure from some friends. Actually it was kind of nice because we had some little gifts that would be hard to wrap so it worked out well!

Marissa got her bendaroos.......


Myah was excited to get a new baby to love.....



I think this was a game, Makayla told Santa to bring surprises.....



This gift has been under the tree for a few days before Christmas and the girls thought it was for daddy, they were surprised to find out it was for them, it was a new Karaoke machine, they have been singing away, it has been quite fun!





One of the other traditions we have is to have cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning, this is something we also did when I was a kid. The one thing we added was to put a candle in our cinnamon roll and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. Just another reminder of the real reason we have Christmas!








Comments

Unknown said…
I like your candle in the cinnamon roll idea!
Anonymous said…
haha we had the same thing for breakfeast...cinnamon rolls!!!
Kelly said…
Cinnamon rolls at our house too!

Finished Book 2 yesterday, so I'm back to blog world. :) Loved all your Christmas posts, but the matching jammies are my favorite!

Kind of bummed that you cleaned up so fast and I didn't get to see all of your trees Sunday. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hello.....is there anybody out there?

From our home to yours....

1 Year Later