We had a Mooing Good Time!

Sorry I am a little behind, I have been meaning to post these pictures all week long and just can't seem to find any time to sit down and do it. While we were home last week one of the things we did was go to a very large dairy farm called Fair Oaks. My in-laws had been talking about this place for a couple of years and thought the girls would really enjoy going so we finally all made it out there. I just couldn't picture what this place would look like or smell like with 30,000 cows. The strange thing was you didn't hear or smell any cows. There were lots of things to do especially for the kids.


They take you on a 45 minute bus ride out to where all the cows are.



Here you can see all of the cows being milked. It is quite a process.
The cows are milked 3 x's a day.


We were able to go with both my parents and Jeremy's parents. We made a whole day of it, we ate lunch there, grill cheese and choc. milk! Yum!! We were able to see a 3D movie which was fun and we were able to see a calf be born. Before we left to head back home we had to make a stop for some ice cream! It sure was good!!


This picture was taken outside the birthing barn. They have 80-100 calves born per day. Can you even imagine that? It was very interesting to see the calf be born. I was a little worried this would bring up some interesting questions but it really didn't. At first Marissa had a very worried look on her face while watching, I think all Makayla said was "that was gross" but no questions!!!
I do have a couple of pictures of this but I figured I better not post them.





I was so excited that it worked out that we were also able to meet my friend Vicki and 2 of her kids at the dairy farm. I know my kids were excited to see them as well!

Comments

Unknown said…
If I ever need a "cow birthing" picture, I'll know who to ask. Because that is JUST like something I'd post.

Niiiiccccce!
Hey I was really hoping to see the birthing pics. You'll have to send them to my e-mail.

Popular posts from this blog

Hello.....is there anybody out there?

From our home to yours....

1 Year Later