She did it!

A few weeks ago, I was scrap booking some pictures, that were only a couple of years old, but anyways they were of Marissa at this age learning to ride her bike and so I started thinking we need to work on this with Makayla. It was something I knew I wanted to do this summer but with all the other things going on we just hadn't started yet. So a couple of weeks ago we got her out and tried working on this, it was awful. She screamed and screamed that she did not want to do this. I was afraid my neighbors were all looking out their windows wondering what we were doing to her, so I just sat there with my camera smiling away. Finally we decided maybe we would try again the next night. So this time we headed up to the church to ride in the parking lot. That way there were no cars and no people nearby to hear her screaming. She did better that night but was still crying even when she was doing it right she would cry. We told her this is suppose to be fun, isn't this fun???? She didn't have much to say.







So after a few more tries she got it and she even stoped crying and had a smile on her face. She did tell us we were right it is more fun to ride on 2 wheels. I was really starting to wonder if we were going to be still trying to teach her this skill next summer. So looks like we have 2 down and only 1 more to go with taking the training wheels off. For some reason, I feel like Myah will be easy to teach, I guess we will see.








Here is a picture of Marissa from 2-years ago learning to ride her bike.Here is Makayla 2 years ago riding with her training wheels....look how little Myah looks.







Here is Makayla today, no more training wheels for her!!!
















Myah does like to ride her little bike, but for some

reason this time she wanted to just hold Molly.


Comments

Anonymous said…
The girls will have to get together for a bike ride now that their training wheels are history. It's a lot harder to keep up with Sydney when I try to walk while she rides. I guess I'll have to start jogging...
Unknown said…
It just makes me so proud! Our babies are growing up!

And I can just see your smiling face through the screams. My grin is usually a little more strained.
Kelly said…
Way to go, Makayla!! And don't worry, you aren't the only one to bawl during your training. We're 4 for 4 here.

Popular posts from this blog

Hello.....is there anybody out there?

From our home to yours....

1 Year Later