Happy Anniversary!

It's hard to believe that 12 years ago today this man and this woman became husband and wife!


I think back to then and how much we thought we knew and how much we have learned and still have to learn. I have enjoyed getting to know my husband and love my husband more and more everyday! Don't get me wrong marriage is hard work but I have enjoyed seeing how God is at work in our marriage and our ministry.

Sometimes I think, can it really be 12 years, and then I think, it seems like it should be longer, God has really done a lot with the two of us in those 12 years.....let's see..... there have been countless missions trips, road rallies, lock-ins and vacations and don't forget Jeremy was in school while working at the church. Then we decided to start our family, that changed the both of us for sure!!! So then there were a number of sleepless nights, diaper changes, and late night feedings. Fast forward a couple of years and God blessed us with baby number 2 and just a month later Jeremy was graduating from college. So now we are finally done with college and adjusting to life with 2 kids and God planed to move us to a new job in a different state. I can definitely say there was a lot of trusting in that one. God has obviously provided many times since that first move away from family and again we have not only grown closer as a couple, since we don't have mom and dad to depend on, we have also grown closer in our walk with the Lord. It truly has been a blessing to see how God has provided many times when we probably would not have seen that if we were still by our family and depending on them instead of Him! So again fast forward to three years ago, God decided to bless us again with baby number 3. I suppose this one is the last so this time around I tried to enjoy all of those sleepless night, late night feeding and diaper changings. Now our family of 5 stays busy with church soccer, swim and t-ball.

Thanks honey for always being there for me!! I appreciate all that you do for our family. You really are my best friend! I can't wait to see what God has in store for the next 12 years!






Since we were treated by my in-laws to a kid free weekend last weekend, we took advantage of the time and enjoyed some much needed time away with just the two of us. So today we didn't really do anything "special" for our anniversary. I did plan to make some homemade ice cream for just our family today and had it all made and Jeremy went to start it and our ice cream maker would not work, so I guess you can say we got each other an ice cream maker for our anniversary!


Comments

Unknown said…
Luurrrrveee that wedding picture.

Popular posts from this blog

Hello.....is there anybody out there?

From our home to yours....

1 Year Later