What happened in May

Since I am so far behind in blogging, I decided the only way to catch up is do a quick review. So here is what all happened in the month of May. I am sure I have lots more pictures I could post, but I just wanted to give you all a quick glimpse so that I can move on and finally be able to cross this off of my list. Sorry but I am a list make and crosser offer. : )





In first grade at the end of the year, the kids learn about the different animal groups. They each have to pick an animal and write a few sentences about their animal and make a habitat and then give a report in front of the class. Here Makayla is giving her report, she did a great job. She choose to write about Whales.
Happy Mother's Day........this year my hubby and girls got me a new study Bible, which has been great for reading the Bible through in a year, I have really enjoyed it!

For Marissa's birthday this year we decided we would "surprise" her and give her her own bedroom. She knew she was getting her own room, but she had no clue what color we were painting her room or what furniture she would have. We decided to surprise her a week early with her room since she was having a friend over to spend the night, she was very excited about her new room!!!!



That is my old dresser, we had our neighbor refinish it for us. It is fun to see her getting ready in front of the mirror it make me think back to all of the years I got ready in front of that mirror, I even remember getting ready for my wedding in front of that mirror. It is amazing to think I have a little girl doing the same thing now!!



She even got a new bed and bedding of course. It was actually kind of fun picking stuff our for her room. I think it really turned out cute. It's hard to believe just 4 years ago when we moved into this house that was our nursery!!!









It worked out that Jeremy was asked to speak at a parenting seminar at a friend's church back at home the same weekend of Marissa's birthday. So we decided we would get everyone together and celebrate a few birthdays since we have 5 birthday's in the month of May. This is Marissa with her cousin Austin who turned 11 a week after her!





It is also George's (aka Grandpa) birthday the day after Marissa's and my sister's birthday is just a couple of days after her son Austin's birthday.



The kids all wanted a picture with Aunt Duffy!!!



Nana and all of her grand kids!



In case you are wondering what the significance of this picture is.....well let me tell you, my sister's whole family are all Chicago Cub fans and my father-in-law is a die hard Cardinals fan, so there is always a lot of joking and teasing that goes on when they are all together. Here I got a picture of Madi with a CARDINALS hat on, I've been asked by a certain someone several times, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO POST THIS PICTURE!!!! So here it is!






Grammy and Grandpa hosted our birthday celebrations this year, thanks so much for letting us all come to your house we had a great time!!!





Here is my big girl who turned 9 this year!!!


Since Memorial Day weekend was coming up we decided to take the kids and have them plant flowers at the cemetery. We planted flowers near my Grandma's parents and sibling stones. The kids actually had fun doing this!!



Over Memorial Day weekend we decided to make a quick last minute trip to Columbus. We got to have dinner with some friends and then the next day headed to the zoo. We love being able to visit different zoos with our membership and this was one we all enjoyed!










I just thought this was too cute!!!



















Comments

Kelly said…
Well, THAT was a fun month!

And by the way, I think you put your kids in matching shirts WAY more than I do.
Love all the pictures (except for the one where Madi is wearing that sinful hat) I love how the dresser turned out. Did you get the chest/hutch done as well?
Unknown said…
Nice job on the bedroom; that is awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

Hello.....is there anybody out there?

From our home to yours....

1 Year Later