1st Day of School

Where did our summer go? I can't believe it but today was the girls 1st day back to school.


Makayla started Kindergarten today. Her first "real" day of school will be on Thursday. Today was a shorten time where the parents got to go with. The parents went to the gym to go over all the fun policies and procedures of the school while the kids were getting to know the teacher and then the kids went to the gym while the parents went back to the classroom with the teacher. Makayla is pretty excited about starting school. She is even more excited about getting to ride the bus with her big sister and her friend Sydney. Makayla has the same Kindergarten teacher that Marissa had.






This is a picture of Marissa standing outside her school. I took this today after school when we picked her up. I was so relieved to hear that she had a good 1st day. She is ready to go back tomorrow.

I have the same picture of Marissa standing outside of her school on her 1st day of Kindergarten, i had actually forgot about this picture until my friend Tina reminded me, thanks Tina!


Marissa had to switch schools this year, because they have 2nd and 3rd grade in a different building here, so she was a little nervous about that. She has a hard time adjusting to change, i guess she probably gets that from her mom. Last night the schools all had open houses so we got to go and find her classroom and meet her teacher. Marissa seems to really like her teacher and so do we so we are hoping for a great year!




Aren't they cute!!!!!



Wonder what they are thinking?

If you want you can leave a comment for the girls, they would enjoy getting to hear from you all!
All you have to do is click comments right underneath this post.

Comments

Unknown said…
I can't believe how grown-up they both look!! I always loved school, especially the first day. Lots of memories! New shoes...new pencils...no homework...
How cool that you two both get to ride the school bus together. Love the pictures!
Connie said…
after seeing those adorable pictures of the girls i just had to tell them how cute they are!!! i can't believe they're so big already...it makes me miss them! pretty soon myah will be going to school too. save me some school papers for my refrigerator. hope to see you soon!
Anonymous said…
You guys look so cute! Hope you have a great year at school and learn lots of new things!

Kelley
I met you when you visited Aunt Duffy, I work with her!
Anonymous said…
Sorry I didn't get to be there for your first day of school. I will have to come out for a sleep over soon!

Autn Duffy Loves You!!!
You girls are adorable!! I really only new Marissa when you were a baby!! I love Makayla's new haircut! Hope we can all get together sometime before our kids go to college!! =) Miss you guys!
Anonymous said…
grandpa,
where are the "cardinals" outfits they chould be worn at all times...

Popular posts from this blog

Hello.....is there anybody out there?

From our home to yours....

1 Year Later