Growing

A little over a year ago I asked a few close friends if they would like to join me in doing a Bible study. I really started it out of my own selfish desire, I was reading a book and I knew I would get so much more out of it if I was reading it with a few friends plus I'm always looking for an opportunity to get together with my girlfriends. So we started and enjoyed the first book so much we decided to read through another book. Both books were great and I know that I really learned a lot. We finished up our last book this past December and started thinking about what we would want to do next. We had talked about several different options but the one we kept coming back to was trying to read the Bible through in a year and discuss it as we go along. I was excited but also a little nervous because I have tried this so many times before and have not succeeded. I know it is only February but I have really enjoyed this. I think the one thing that has changed this time is that I am not just hurrying up to read and check it off of some kind of to-do list, which I am the queen of "To-Do Lists" I can honestly say that I am really trying to study God's Word and figure out what I am suppose to walk away with.


One of my intentions with my blog when I first started this was not only to use it to keep up with our family and friends by posting pictures and letting everyone know what we are up to but also to be able to say here is what God is doing in our life, here is how we are growing and learning. I know that I am not perfect a lot of times I am learning by my own mistakes. God's love is so enduring. He promises to love me right where I am my imperfections and all, but He also loves me so much not to just leave me there. He doesn't want us to come to Him once we have become perfect because He knows there is no such thing. He wants us just as we are, I'm so thankful for that!

This is a verse that I am working on right now, and I love it for a couple of reasons, one being that my hair dresser just told me she found a few grays on the top of my head, how can that be???? Mainly I love this verse because of the promise that God created us and He cares for us and will continue to do so throughout our lifetime even through death!

Isaiah 46:4

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.



Comments

Kelly said…
It's not so much the grey hairs for me....what about the age spots, left-over baby bulge, stiff joints.....that must be in the amplified version.

Kudos on setting the goal. I'm sure the accountability will help. One of these years you'll have to try our chronological version. It's awesome!
College Girl said…
Sheila! Your kiddos are getting sooo big! I miss you guys!!

-Brenna

Popular posts from this blog

Hello.....is there anybody out there?

From our home to yours....

1 Year Later