From our home to yours....

Welcome to our home at Christmas. When I heard that Boomama was going to be having a Christmas Tour of Homes, I thought that sounded like so much fun because so many of our family and friends aren't able to make it out to visit us during the Christmas season. So here are a few pictures of our home decorated for Christmas.





As you walk in our front door we have this little tree sitting in our entry way
As you can see I really like snowman!



This is leading into the family room...




This tree is in our family room and it is decorated with all of our family ornaments. Each year we buy the girls an ornament that represents something from the year for that child. It is a tradition that I have continued from my childhood.


My favorite ornaments are the ones that are homemade by the girls!






This is our big tree that is more formally decorated and is in our living room. This is our third year with an artificial tree which is definitely less messy but we have had lots of fun with the pre-lite lights that keep going out one section at a time! The angel on top was given to us by my mother-in-law for our first Christmas. Her wings and head move, which the girls just love.

Here is our piano decorated for Christmas...notice the little ceramic tree that my mom painted!




We had the girls take this picture of us before we went out with the staff from church . We had a fun evening out and enjoyed the company!

Here are our three angels! They are definitely a blessing from God!


Here is my hutch in the dinning room that is alsoo decorated....



Each year one of the things I enjoy doing is baking. We have lots of different kinds of cookies and candies that we like to make. After we are all done we usually take a plate of our goodies to each of our neighbors. Here is a picture of the girls helping out!


We have lots of traditions that we like to do at Christmas, but one thing we try to do is help the girls understand that the real reason for Christmas which is the birth of Jesus Christ. Before we open our gifts on Christmas morning we read the Christmas story from the bible. Then after gifts we always sing Happy Birthday to Jesus.


And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.

Luke 2:16



One more thing I want to share with you is our cinnamon candy recipe, if you were to come and visit us at Christmas time this is something that I am sure I would have to share with you. As long as I can remember my mom has made this and now I enjoy getting to make it to share with others. The smell of cinnamon throughout the house as I make it reminds me of Christmas at home.


Cinnamon Candy


3 3/4 c. sugar 1 t. Lorann Flavoring (Cinnamon)


1 1/2 c. light corn syrup Powdered Sugar (optional)


1 c. water


Mix first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Boil, without stirring, until temp reaches 310 F or until drops of syrup form hard brittle threads in cold water. Remove from heat. After boiling has ceased, stir in flavoring and coloring. Pour onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Cool; break into pieces. Store in airtight containers. makes in excess of two pounds.




I hope that you have enjoyed the tour.


From our home to yours.....


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Comments

Meredith said…
You have a beautiful family! I love your tradition of reading the Christmas story before opening presents. Everything is so pretty! Thanks for sharing-Merry Christmas!
ellen b. said…
What a wonderful tour. Your girls are so beautiful. God's richest blessings on all of you...
KC said…
what a beautiful family and a lovely home. Thank you for the tour. Merry Christmas
Hootin Anni said…
Just awesome...love the family photos...that's what christmas is all about, family!

I have a slide show for my tour.
I hope you can get connected to view with me, if not, I have a few thumbnail images on my regular blog too.---

My Slide Show Tour
Jenni said…
Beautiful home, and trees, but the children are the sweetest! You are blessed!
Ma said…
Looks great! This tour was almost as good as being there, But Not Quite. I see the furniture in the family room has been changed! :)
Unknown said…
Merry Christmas, thank you for the tour. Your home looks lovely, and your family is beautiful. Blessings, Karen
Southern Heart said…
Very, very lovely! I especially love all of the personal touches...and you have a beautiful family!

Merry Christmas,

Andrea
Jessica said…
I love all of the ornaments!
Quirky said…
Your home is beautiful and your girls are too cute! Thanks for the tour!
Jessica said…
What a beautiful family! Thanks for the tour! Merry Christmas!
Nancy said…
I agree with everyone else! Your family is just beautiful, as is your home. My favorite are the handmade ornaments, too.
Have a happy holiday.
-Nancy
Your decor is lovely; I like snowmen too! Beautiful family! :)
Gattina said…
Looks like a very cosy place !
Your home is beautiful. I love all three trees! And what a great pic of you and your hubby!
Unknown said…
ohhh I LOVE the snowman tree!! your other tree is beautiful as well!
Unknown said…
Darling daughters and beautiful home for the holidays. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Kim said…
Everything is lovely! Merry Christmas!
Cherdecor said…
Oh my goodness, I LOVE the angels on your hutch! Are they homemade?
Thank you for inviting us in to view all your Christmas decorations. Everything looks so beautiful.
Anonymous said…
Merry Christmas! Your girls are so sweet! I enjoyed your snowmen and handmade ornaments collection. Thanks for the tour.
Anonymous said…
Thank you for sharing. The picture of your girls made me smile.

Popular posts from this blog

Hello.....is there anybody out there?

1 Year Later