Thank you!

Thirty three years ago this little girl was born to first time parents Daryl and Connie. I can only imagine what emotions they must of had to be first time parents with this little bundle of joy that God had blessed them with. I'm sure they were excited and nervous all at the same time. I guess I have a better picture of how they might had felt then now that I have three girls of my own. I wonder what hopes and dreams they had for their little girl.






I am so thankful that God gave me to my parents. I am sure there were times that I brought them joy and I am sure there were many trials there too (especially during those teenage years). But, now as I am an adult and a parent I am blessed by them. I enjoy seeing them spend time as Nana & Papa with my girls. Just taking that time to invest in my kids lives. I am thankful that they taught me what it means to have a real relationship with Christ so that I can pass that along to my girls. I am also thankful for the many traditions that my parents started with me and my sister as kids that I am now able to pass down to my girls, like Tuesday Night Family Night and all of the Christmas traditions. Now that I have three daughters, I realize how much my mom influences me with how I parents my girls and the kind of wife I am to my husband. I am thankful for that positive role model that I had in my life. I realize that I have three little girls watching me and whether I like it or not they are being influenced by my words and actions.

So this post isn't so much about my birthday but it is a thank you to my parents who have and continue to invest in my life. I am so thankful for all that you have done for me over the years!
I love you both!
And Dad, I still haven't forgotten "who I am"!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wonder if they realized they were training you to be a great friend as well? Thanks, Daryl and Connie, for raising such a neat daughter! She is loved by MANY!

Happy B- day, Sheila!
Connie said…
We knew we were blessed when you were born. Out of all the people in the world God chose us to be your parents. We love you very much...Happy Birthday! (you can't be 33....we're only 39!). Mom & Dad
Unknown said…
Happy Birthday Sheila! Hope you had a good one. I know Steph and I are dreading our 30th this year! We are getting so old! Didn't realize how long it had been since I checked your blog. I think b/c I stopped checking Steph's therefore I stopped checking yours, I should just add you to my list. ANYWAY, great pics in February! LOVE the snowlady, food coloring is a great idea! We still haven't had enough snow for a good snowman...so sad.
I also have to take Lucas to the dentist soon...not looking forward to that. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers and for the card and picture!
It was fun to find you through my blog tonight. I love this reverse birthday post - what a sweet tribute & what a great baby smile you had!!! Have a good night,
ann

Popular posts from this blog

Hello.....is there anybody out there?

From our home to yours....

1 Year Later